Ensuring that veterans care center residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our highest priority. We are working proactively to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by implementing the following procedures, effective Friday, March 13, and until further notice, at the Virginia Veterans Care Center (VVCC) in Roanoke and the Sitter & Barfoot Veterans Care Center (SBVCC):
- The care centers are closed to visitors. Exceptions will be approved in end-of-life circumstances, but must receive prior approval;
- All events sponsored by outside groups are cancelled until further notice; and
- With the exception of visits to medical care facilities, all resident trips outside the facility are suspended until further notice.
We understand that staying connected with family members is incredibly important and we will help you keep connected to them by telephone and email. Please make certain we have your most current emergency contact information available. We want to ensure we, and your loved one, are able to communicate with you as needed.
Please do not hesitate to contact VVCC at 540-982-2869 or SBVCC at 804-371-8000 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect the health and safety of our veterans.
Jones & Cabacoy Veterans Care Center, Virginia Beach (Opening 2022)
The new Jones & Cabacoy veterans care center is being built in the Princess Anne section of Virginia Beach on a 25-acre site adjacent to Nimmo Parkway (extended), West Neck, and N. Landing. The land for the site was donated by the City of Virginia Beach at no cost to the state. The 128-bed facility will feature all private rooms that will be organized into households and neighborhoods that surround a central community center.
- Honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
- Virginia residency at the time of admission or entry into active duty from Virginia
- Meets medical requirements for nursing home care
- DVS will begin accepting applications for admission in late 2021
- Private rooms with private baths—all are handicap accessible and include a roll-in shower
- Barber/beauty shop
- Activity rooms
- Game room