The Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program: Enhancing the quality of life for Virginia’s veterans, service members, and their families.
The Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program (VVFS) in cooperation with the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services and the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, monitors and coordinates behavioral health and rehabilitative services and support services through an integrated, comprehensive and responsive system of public and private partnerships. VVFS provides direct support via personalized care coordination to veterans and their families as they address the challenges of military service, transition, deployments, post traumatic stress and traumatic brain injuries.
VVFS proudly serves:
- Veterans of any era who are Virginia residents regardless of discharge status
- Members of the Virginia National Guard not in active federal service
- Virginia residents in the Armed Forces Reserves not in active federal service
- Family members of those above
- Comprehensive assessment of individual and family needs
- Direct linkage to needed services including medical, behavioral healthcare, veterans benefits, housing, and employment assistance
- Peer Services and support groups
- Family programs including; Couples Workshops, Family Retreats and Caregiver Skill Building
- Assistance to homeless or incarcerated veterans
See the menu on the right side of this page and click on the region nearest you (North, East, Central & West) for further support contact details.