Based on Governor Northam’s Declared State of Emergency due to COVID-19, VVFS offices will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice. All DVS Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program office sites are closed to in-person assistance. Operations ARE CONTINUING via phone and email. If as a veteran, you or your family has a need which requires a face-to-face meeting In an urgent or emergency situation, please advise when you speak with the Regional Director or Resource Specialist at time of initial contact. Please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed to the appropriate region for assistance. Please be sure to state your name, a return phone number, and your location clearly.
Veterans of the U. S. Armed Forces have spent their time serving our country and may be eligible for enhanced benefits through many different agencies. One of these benefits may be health care through Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.
- Enrollment – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/
- Access – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/access/
- Access-Audit – http://www.va.gov/health/access-audit.asp
- Associated Costs – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/cost/
- E-Benefits – https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
- Obtaining Your DD-214 – http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html
- Additional Resources – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/