The Virginia Department of Veterans Services (VDVS) Virginia Veteran and Family Support (VVFS) is continuing services to Service Members, Veterans, and their Families (SMVF) as the Commonwealth deals with the COVID-19 pandemic. Our offices are open for in person appointments. We are serving our SMVF population as before, but with certain protocols and screenings in place to ensure the safety of our staff, customers and community partners. To ensure for everyone’s safety, all visitors will be screened prior to entering our offices and face coverings are required. There will not be lobby or waiting room availability and we ask all visitors to respect our social distancing and mask protocols. Frequent disinfection of all high-touch surfaces occur frequently throughout the day and after each visitor to our offices.
The DVS VVFS program will continue to maximize personalized service options such as behavioral health, rehabilitative, and supportive services for our SMVF customers, including in-person meetings, approved public meetings, virtual and phone appointments. If you or your family have an urgent or emergency situation requiring in person assistance, please let us know when you contact us. To determine whether your local office is open on a particular day, please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed for assistance. Please be sure to clearly state your name, a return phone number, and your location. Appointment requests may also be made electronically by clicking on the Red Appointment Request button at the top of this page.
Veterans of the U. S. Armed Forces have spent their time serving our country and may be eligible for enhanced benefits through many different agencies. One of these benefits may be health care through Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.
- Enrollment – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/
- Access – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/access/
- Access-Audit – http://www.va.gov/health/access-audit.asp
- Associated Costs – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/cost/
- E-Benefits – https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
- Obtaining Your DD-214 – http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html
- Additional Resources – http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/