Based on Governor Northam’s Declared State of Emergency due to COVID-19, VVFS offices will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice. All DVS Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program office sites are closed to in-person assistance. Operations ARE CONTINUING via phone and email. If as a veteran, you or your family has a need which requires a face-to-face meeting In an urgent or emergency situation, please advise when you speak with the Regional Director or Resource Specialist at time of initial contact. Please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed to the appropriate region for assistance. Please be sure to state your name, a return phone number, and your location clearly.
This page contains a listing of state and national Health Services; which includes information aboutprovision of treatment, support and information to persons in need of medical or dental care.
- 2-1-1 Virginia provides 24/7 information and referral to health services in Virginia
- Dial 211
- Hearing Impaired Users: Dial 711 for Virginia Relay then dial 2-1-1 –
- Video Phone users dial 1-800-230-6977
- Safety Net Health Care Providers The Virginia Health Care Foundation provides links to Community Health Centers, Free Clinics, Public Health Clinics and other charitable organizations providing health care.
- Dental Clinics The Virginia Health Care Foundation provides links to Free Dental Clinics and other charitable organizations providing dental care.
- Lifetime Preventative Care Plan: According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), seven out of 10 U.S. deaths are caused by chronic disease, while roughly half of the country’s population has been diagnosed with a chronic illness, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, AIDS, or other conditions classified by the medical community as preventable.
- TRICARE is a health insurance program available to active duty service members and retirees of the seven uniformed services, their family members, survivors and others who are registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). TRICARE is also available to National Guard/Reserve members and their families. http://www.tricare.mil/Welcome.aspx
- US Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide array of health care to eligible veterans. http://www.va.gov/health/default.asp
- Burn Pit Registry for Veterans and Servicemembers: VA’s Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry allows eligible Veterans and Servicemembers to document their exposures and report health concerns through an online questionnaire. Eligible Veterans and Service members include those who served in:
- Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn
- Djibouti, Africa on or after September 11, 2001
- Operations Desert Shield or Desert Storm
- Southwest Asia theater of operations on or after August 2, 1990