Based on Governor Northam’s Declared State of Emergency due to COVID-19, VVFS offices will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice. All DVS Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program office sites are closed to in-person assistance. Operations ARE CONTINUING via phone and email. If as a veteran, you or your family has a need which requires a face-to-face meeting In an urgent or emergency situation, please advise when you speak with the Regional Director or Resource Specialist at time of initial contact. Please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed to the appropriate region for assistance. Please be sure to state your name, a return phone number, and your location clearly.
One of the best ways to relieve stress and improve mood is through activity. Below is a list of different organizations and programs that offer outdoor and indoor activities for veterans and their families.
- Kayaking for Wounded Warriors and their Familieshttp://www.teamriverrunner.org/
- Massanutten Ski Resort, Discounted Lift Tickets for Veterans and Active Dutyhttp://www.massresort.com/v.php?pg=178
- Virginia YMCA, Offers Discounted Membership Rates for Veteranshttp://vaymca.org/
- Listing of Virginia State Parks and Activities http://www.virginia.org/directory/OutdoorsandSports/StateParks/?view=grid&gclid=CLyPu6a78LcCFVSk4AodKEoAvw
- Hunting Clubs – >http://www.vasportsmen.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12
- Culpeper, Virginia The Bald Eagle Ranch and Conference Center For Veterans of All Wars and Their Families! https://usvetsource.org/bald-eagle-ranch—conference-center.html
- Bull Run Warrior Retreat Haymarket, Virginia Serve Our Willing Warriors!http://www.serveourwoundedwarriors.org/bull-run-warrior-retreat.html
- Department of Game and Inland Fisheries – http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/
- Free Outdoors Adventures for Veterans 6-7 Days long Awesome! http://www.outwardbound.org/course-finder/veteran-adventures/?view=1
- American Veterans – http://www.amvets.org/
- Wounded Warrior Project: Fun Activities for Veterans and Their Families. http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/