THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES (VDVS) IS OPEN FOR VIRTUAL AND LIMITED IN-PERSON SERVICES. APPOINTMENT REQUESTS CAN BE MADE ONLINE THROUGH THE RED “APPOINTMENT REQUEST” BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE, OR BY CALLING OR E-MAILING YOUR LOCAL VDVS OFFICE. All WALK-IN HOURS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME DUE TO SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE AS A RESULT OF COVID-19.
One of the best ways to relieve stress and improve mood is through activity. Below is a list of different organizations and programs that offer outdoor and indoor activities for veterans and their families.
- Kayaking for Wounded Warriors and their Familieshttp://www.teamriverrunner.org/
- Massanutten Ski Resort, Discounted Lift Tickets for Veterans and Active Dutyhttp://www.massresort.com/v.php?pg=178
- Virginia YMCA, Offers Discounted Membership Rates for Veteranshttp://vaymca.org/
- Listing of Virginia State Parks and Activities http://www.virginia.org/directory/OutdoorsandSports/StateParks/?view=grid&gclid=CLyPu6a78LcCFVSk4AodKEoAvw
- Hunting Clubs – >http://www.vasportsmen.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12
- Culpeper, Virginia The Bald Eagle Ranch and Conference Center For Veterans of All Wars and Their Families! https://usvetsource.org/bald-eagle-ranch—conference-center.html
- Bull Run Warrior Retreat Haymarket, Virginia Serve Our Willing Warriors!http://www.serveourwoundedwarriors.org/bull-run-warrior-retreat.html
- Department of Game and Inland Fisheries – http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/
- Free Outdoors Adventures for Veterans 6-7 Days long Awesome! http://www.outwardbound.org/course-finder/veteran-adventures/?view=1
- American Veterans – http://www.amvets.org/
- Wounded Warrior Project: Fun Activities for Veterans and Their Families. http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/