All DVS team members in the education, transition, and employment programs are teleworking, and are connected via phone and e-mail, and can perform almost all direct-service activities for Veterans and their families during normal working hours.
Veterans Education Transition & Employment
The Veterans Education Transition and Employment directorate of the Virginia Department of Veteran’s Services ensures that every Veteran or eligible person has a full and fair opportunity to reach his or her fullest potential through access to the G.I. Bill approved post-secondary educational, training/licensure/certification, entrepreneurial institutions, V3 certified employers and Virginia Colleges and Universities. Currently, more than 1000 institutions with various programs are approved in Virginia.
This directorate includes the following:
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training (SAA)
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program
- Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Transition Program
- Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) Program
- Military Education & Workforce Initiative