Training Workshops and Conferences
The Virginia State Approving Agency is conducting training for new school certifying officials. This training would also be beneficial to anyone who could use refresher training.
Date: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Time: 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Saint Leo University-Newport News
One Bayport Way, Suite 160
Newport News, VA 23606
Parking is free in front of the building. Please do not park in the Visitor Parking Spaces, as they are for short-term bank visitors.
Lunch will be provided by Saint Leo University. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions while registering using the link above.
What Should You Bring?
- Laptops – If you have them and want us to look at issues you may be having with VAONCE
- Questions – Please feel free to e-mail us a list of your questions before the event as some particularly detailed questions may take more research to sufficiently answer during the training at email@example.com
- If you have catalogs or documents that you would like for us to review, you may e-mail them prior to the training or bring them with you
Please RSVP by Friday, June 28, 2019.
This is a mandatory training session for schools seeking initial approval to offer education and training to veterans and other eligible persons. Schools that have had their approvals withdrawn are also required to attend this session when they seek re-approval. This session is mandatory for all schools seeking approval. This training is also open to employers with apprenticeship or on-the-job training programs.
Please click the link to register:
Bring the following:
- New Approval Application – We will answer questions and also accept completed application packets
- Your school’s Catalog
- Sample documents you may want us to review
- List of any questions you may have
- Any other documentation you think may be important for us to review
James Monroe Building
101 N 14th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Please arrive early to give yourself time to find parking. There is metered parking available on various streets surrounding the Monroe Building.
Below you will find a link to a map of public parking facilities in downtown Richmond. The Monroe building on the map is located on the corner of N 14th and E Franklin Streets.
Questions? Call 804-225-2298
The Department of Veterans Affairs Education Service holds quarterly interactive webinars to improve communication and pass along valuable information.
Who should attend
School Certifying Officials and VetSuccess on Campus Counselors
Presentation slides will be available during the meeting. The audio is only accessible via a separate phone line.
The next Education Service Webinar
Click here for more information about Department of Veterans Affairs Webinars.