Kick off Virginia Women Veterans Week with a virtual presentation by the Military Women's Memorial at 7 p.m.Read more »
Join Us in Celebrating Virginia Women Veterans Week March 17-23, 2024
- Tuesday, March 19 – Virtual Presentation by the Military Women’s Memorial | Zoom Meeting, Passcode: 995495 | 7-8 p.m.
- The Virginia Department of Veterans Services invites you to join us as we host a virtual event in partnership with the Military Women’s Memorial. The Military Women’s Memorial honors and tells the stories of women, past and present, who serve our nation. As the only historical repository documenting all military women’s service, they educate and inspire through innovative and interactive exhibitions, world-class collections, and engaging programs and events for all generations. During the month of March, the Military Women’s Memorial is running a “March with Me” campaign in celebration of Women’s History Month. Visit www.womensmemorial.org to preserve your service story with the Military Women’s Memorial.
- Wednesday, March 20 – Virtual Presentation by the Army Women’s Museum | Zoom Meeting, Passcode: 497429 | 6-7 p.m.
- The Virginia Department of Veterans Services invites you to our virtual presentation with the U.S. Army Women’s Museum. The U.S. Army Women’s Museum is the only museum in the world dedicated to Army women. The museum originated in 1955 as the Women’s Army Corps Museum which was located at Fort McClellan, AL until it was moved to Fort Gregg-Adams, and reopened in May 2001. The U.S. Army Women’s Museum serves as an educational institution, providing military history training and instruction to soldiers, veterans, and the civilian community. Join us as we celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of Virginia’s Women Veterans.
- Thursday, March 21 – Women Veterans Week 2024 Capstone Event Featuring the Unveiling of Virginia’s “Support Women Veterans” License Plate and Presentation of a Special Lapel Pin to Women Veterans | Virginia War Memorial, 621 S. Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220 | Ceremony starts at 9 a.m.
- All women veterans and those who support them are encouraged to attend. Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
- Tuesday, March 26 – Livestream Hosted by Virginia War Memorial: The Girls Who Stepped Out of Line | Zoom Meeting | 2-3 p.m. Advanced Registration Required.
- Director of Education Jim Triesler sits down with Major General Mari K. Eder (U.S. Army, retired), author of “The Girls Who Stepped Out of Line: Untold Stories of the Women Who Changed the Course of World War II.” Online programs are free and open to the public.
View our event flyer here: Virginia Women Veterans Week Flyer 2024_FINAL
*All events are free and open to the public.
Virginia’s Women Veterans Program (VWVP) provides access to community resources to educate, unify, and empower Virginia’s women veterans, who have served in the military in all eras; by ensuring they receive timely yet appropriate transition and benefits support/ employment and education outreach; health and community advocacy.
Update on the Virginia Women Veterans License Plate (1/4/24)
DVS is pleased to announce that Virginia’s first Women Veteran License Plate has been approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles and will be in production and available by Virginia Women Veterans Week in Mid-March 2024. We extend thanks to all the women veterans who contributed to the design process. Questions? Contact Kayleigh Rosenthal at Kayleigh.Rosenthal@dvs.virginia.gov.