Based on Governor Northam’s Declared State of Emergency due to COVID-19, VVFS offices will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice. All DVS Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program office sites are closed to in-person assistance. Operations ARE CONTINUING via phone and email. If as a veteran, you or your family has a need which requires a face-to-face meeting In an urgent or emergency situation, please advise when you speak with the Regional Director or Resource Specialist at time of initial contact. Please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed to the appropriate region for assistance. Please be sure to state your name, a return phone number, and your location clearly.
Military Sexual Trauma
Military sexual trauma or MST is the term used by the Department of Veterans Affairs to refer to experiences of sexual assault or repeated, threatening acts of sexual harassment. This section contains information, resources and links regarding MST.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Defense (DoD) Safe Helpline is a groundbreaking crisis support service for members of the DoD community affected by sexual assault. Safe Helpline provides live, one-on-one support and information to the worldwide DoD community. The service is confidential, anonymous, secure, and available worldwide, 24/7 by click, call or text — providing victims with the help they need anytime, anywhere.
- Make the Connection: Connecting veterans with information, resources and solutions to issues affecting their health, well-being and everyday lives.
- After Deployment: Wellness Resources for the Military Community
- U.S. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Responce