THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES (VDVS) IS OPEN FOR VIRTUAL AND LIMITED IN-PERSON SERVICES. APPOINTMENT REQUESTS CAN BE MADE ONLINE THROUGH THE RED “APPOINTMENT REQUEST” BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE, OR BY CALLING OR E-MAILING YOUR LOCAL VDVS OFFICE. All WALK-IN HOURS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME DUE TO SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE AS A RESULT OF COVID-19.
Military Sexual Trauma
Military sexual trauma or MST is the term used by the Department of Veterans Affairs to refer to experiences of sexual assault or repeated, threatening acts of sexual harassment. This section contains information, resources and links regarding MST.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Defense (DoD) Safe Helpline is a groundbreaking crisis support service for members of the DoD community affected by sexual assault. Safe Helpline provides live, one-on-one support and information to the worldwide DoD community. The service is confidential, anonymous, secure, and available worldwide, 24/7 by click, call or text — providing victims with the help they need anytime, anywhere.
- Make the Connection: Connecting veterans with information, resources and solutions to issues affecting their health, well-being and everyday lives.
- After Deployment: Wellness Resources for the Military Community
- U.S. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Responce