In observance of the state holidays Lee-Jackson Day and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day our Benefits Offices will be closed Friday, January 18th and Monday, January 21st and will reopen Tuesday January 22nd at 8:30 a.m.
Veteran License Indicator
In Virginia as of July 1, 2018, Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces have the option of adding a veteran indicator to their driver’s license or ID card. Having the word “veteran” appear on your driver’s license or ID card is a convenient way to demonstrate your veteran status. This option is offered by DMV on behalf of the Department of Veterans Services (DVS).
Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) regarding the veterans license indicator.
Five ways to get Your Veterans License Indicator:
- Visit your local DMV customer service center
- DMV 2 Go mobile offices, view the schedule
- U.S. mail: P.O. Box 27412, Richmond, VA 23269-0001, download the application
- Fax: (804) 367-1112, download the application
To be eligible for the Virginia veterans license indicator, you must have served in the U.S. Armed Forces and received an honorable discharge; hold an unexpired Virginia commercial driver’s license, driver’s license, learner’s permit or DMV-issued ID card; and present DMV with a copy of a document (or a combination of documents) that indicate branch of service, discharge date, and discharge status. For full eligibility requirements, visit www.dmvNOW.com/military
- If your document is missing any of the above data, DMV will request that you present another document displaying the information.