The Virginia Department of Veterans Services (VDVS) Virginia Veteran and Family Support (VVFS) program is continuing services to Service Members, Veterans, and their Families (SMVF) as the Commonwealth begins reopening after the COVID-19 shutdowns. We are serving our SMVF population as before but with certain protocols in place to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and community partners. Our Regional offices will be opening at different times across the state but we are continuing to support the needs of eligible individuals by phone/email until all offices have re-opened.
Our staff will be serving the needs of our veterans and their family members by appointment only. As we re-open offices, we are ensuring all social distancing protocols are in place for the safety of our staff and service members and veteran families. If as a veteran, you or your family has a need which requires a face-to-face meeting In an urgent or emergency situation, please advise when you speak with the Regional Director or Resource Specialist at the time of initial contact. To determine whether your local office is open, please contact 1-877-285-1299 and your call will be routed to the appropriate region for assistance. Please be sure to state your name, a return phone number, and your location clearly.
Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program Headquarters Office:
- Toll Free Number – 1-877-285-1299
- Headquarters Office Number – 804-371-4675
- 101 North 14th Street, 18th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
A Community of Strength
When you contact your local Virginia Veteran and Family Support office, you are tapping into a statewide network here to help you and your family deal with the challenges of combat/operational stress injuries or traumatic brain injuries, transition, and much more.
This network is:
- Based in your community.
- Focused on helping veterans and their families-especially caregivers.
- Designed to support veterans, members of the National Guard and Reserves and their families.
- Provided by the Virginia Department of Veteran’s Services.
- Coordinated through local community providers including; community services boards, brain injury services providers, VA facilities and other public and private providers.
Make the call and get connected to the services you need!
- Regional Director – Caleb Johnson – 804-229-8240
- 9300 West Courthouse Road
Manassas, VA 20110
- North Regions Counties Include: Alexandria City, Arlington County, Clarke County, Culpeper County, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Fauquier County, Frederick County, Loudoun County, Louisa County, Madison County, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Page County, Prince William County, Rappahannock County, Shenandoah County, Stafford County, Warren County, Winchester City
- Regional Director – Sybil Lane Moorer – 757-224-5208, Ext. 2207
- 1919 Commerce Drive, Suite 450
Hampton, VA 23666
- East Region Counties Include: Accomack County, Charles City County, Chesapeake City, Emporia City, Essex County, Franklin City, Gloucester County, Greensville County, Hampton City, Isle of Wight County, James City County, King & Queen County, King William County, Lancaster County, Mathews County, Middlesex County, New Kent County, Newport News City, Norfolk City, Northampton County, Northumberland County, Poquoson City, Richmond County, Southampton County, Suffolk City, Surry County, Sussex County, Virginia Beach City, Westmoreland County, Williamsburg City, York County
- Regional Director – Ben Shaw – 804-690-3217
- 13623 James Madison Highway
Palmyra, VA 22963
- Central Region Counties Include: Albemarle County, Amelia County, Augusta County, Brunswick County, Buckingham County, Caroline County, Charlotte County, Charlottesville City, Chesterfield County, Colonial Heights City, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Fluvanna County, Fredericksburg City, Goochland County, Greene County, Halifax County, Hanover County, Harrisonburg City, Henrico County, Highland County, Hopewell City, King George County, Louisa County, Lunenburg County, Mecklenburg County, Nelson County, Nottoway County, Orange County, Petersburg City, Powhatan County, Prince Edward County, Prince George County, Richmond City, Rockingham County, Spotsylvania County, Staunton City, Waynesboro City
- Regional Director – Leanna Craig – 540-556-9112
- 700 University City Blvd
Blacksburg, VA 24060
- West Region Counties Include: Alleghany County, Amherst County, Appomattox County, Bath County, Bedford City, Bedford County, Bland County, Botetourt County, Bristol City, Buchanan County, Buena Vista City, Campbell County, Carroll County, Covington City, Craig County, Danville City, Dickenson County, Floyd County, Franklin County, Galax City, Giles County, Grayson County, Henry County, Lee County, Lexington City, Lynchburg City, Martinsville City, Montgomery County, Norton City, Patrick County, Pittsylvania County, Pulaski County, Radford City, Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Rockbridge County, Russell County, Salem City, Scott County, Smyth County, Tazewell County, Washington County, Wise County, Wythe County